Can you put Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus” on an Audiobook cover? Let me describe you, your talents, skills and abilities. You are:
Talented & Gifted.
Artistic & Authentic.
Creative & Innovative.
You are a wizard, a goddess, a genius.
You are both mortal & immortal.
You are a legend in your own time,
You are a legend in my mind.
You are a storyteller and a creator,
You are an artist and inventor,
You are revolutionary,
You are visionary.
You are motivated,
You are dedicated.
Are you without fear?
Then, and only then,
Now is the time when
You must bring Venus to life.
Bring her here.
Can you put Venus on the cover?
Venus whispers to you: “Join my admiring legion“
Will you be my storyteller?
If I have accurately described you, and you believe you have what it takes, the journey you must make is a difficult one. The requirements of your challenge is below:
- Submit your contest entry within the next 7 days
– The winner will be decided by public vote
– Voting will be conducted by reader response on this blog
– The vote will last for seven days and seven nights
– Winning entry will be announced here and amplified by social media all throughiout the internet (over 8 billion webpages)
– Title: “Storytellers: In Pursuit of Happiness”
– Author: Thomas Jerome Baker
(Title & Author must appear on the cover)
– Any questions? Write to ==> email@example.com
** Opportunity knocks. Show off your talent to the world. Are you ready? Can you bring Botticelli’s Venus to life? Yes?
Here are the requirements your Audiobook Cover must meet:
Cover art submitted to ACX must meet the following requirements:
• Images must contain both the name of the title and author(s).
• Images must be no smaller than 2400 x 2400 pixels in size.
• The resolution of these images can be no smaller than 72 dpi.
• Images must be squared. The squared cover must be a true squared cover and cannot be rectangular with colored borders on the side (e.g., CD case cover/jacket).
• Images should be at least 24-bit.
• Images cannot refer to physical CD’s or media other than the audio presented.
• Jewel cases, promotional stickers, and cellophane are not allowed.
• Pornographic and offensive materials are not allowed.
Acceptable File Types
• JPG in RGB format only.
• Upload through ACX.com only.
Each image file should be named with a condensed name of the title. Alpha numeric characters only.
Adhering to Image Specifications
Below are image samples that depict what a properly formatted cover should look like, and some examples that would be rejected.
Cover A displays an appropriately formatted image that would be accepted into production.
Native size 2400×2400 pixels (not to scale in this document), with a resolution of 72dpi. Some elements had to change size or placement to accommodate the square size.
Cover B is an example of a cover that’s been rejected for not meeting spec.
Although sized appropriately, we do not accept covers that add borders on the sides (in this example, white bars) of the original cover sized for print editions.
We are asking for true square covers (which may mean layout changes) to add into our production.
Another incorrect example is C.
It is essentially the same rectangular image in B, stretched to meet our image spec. This also goes for smaller sized images, Cover D, being scaled up to meet the size spec.
Although this does meet our size requirements, there is too much noise and pixelation added to the image when scaling up that prevents sharpness and readability.
Source: ACX Image Requirements