The MYP is based on three Fundamental Concepts (Intercultural Awareness, Communication and Holistic Learning). As well, the MYP philosophy embeds five Areas of Interaction into the curriculum. The five Areas of Interaction are:
1. Approaches to Learning – the development of effective study skills and the fostering of the learning process.
2. Environments – the interdependence of humans and nature.
3. Human Ingenuity – the creative and inventive genius of humans and their impact on society.
4. Health and Social Education – mental and physical health
5. Community and Service – the development of an altruistic attitude.
See on www.tdsb.on.ca